Thursday, August 30, 2012

hypocrite


That’s me. I have been on this organic food kick since I watched Forks Over Knives. I try to buy organic, natural, healthy whenever possible. It’s expensive. It’s kind of a pain in the butt since the nearest Whole Foods is all the way across town. Sometimes it just doesn’t taste as good. But I’m doing my best because the thought of ingesting chemical-laden food just kind of grosses me out.

Here’s where the hypocrisy comes in…Diet Coke. Yes, the girl who is worried about hormone-infested chicken and ingredient lists that I can’t pronounce or spell is voluntarily drinking at least 12 ounces of …chemicals. Every day. Even after I read this article which says I’m basically drinking ammonia. They call it "caramel coloring" which sounds deee-lish but, really, it's AMMONIA. And yet I still cruise through the McDonald’s drive-through and grab a large Diet Coke (that’ll be one-oh-eight at the first window) nearly every day. Can I have a super-sized chemical, ammonia drink please? 

Yuk.  So I’m quitting…again. For the 50th time. And wondering, what else do they put in there that is so damn addictivie?

No comments:

Post a Comment