Monday, August 27, 2012

graduation day


It was graduation season a couple of months ago (where does the time go?!) and our mailbox was full of white and cream envelopes. A lot of our friends, who got started with their families well before we did, have kids graduating from high school and they proudly send announcements with photos of their smiling kids in caps and gowns.

Among them was an announcement for Tagg’s baby mama’s high school graduation. Amazing. He’s almost 4 years old and she is just graduating from high school. How crazy is that? 

I keep in touch with Juno’s mom and Juno and I are friends on Facebook (weird, right?) so I know that she’s graduating with honors, was the star of her high school basketball and volleyball teams, that she’s going to college to study medicine, and that she’s been to lots of dances and football games and that she's gorgeous, popular and seems really happy. Basically, she's having the perfect high school experience. I’m really proud of her. In what I hope is a non-condescending kind of way. 

That graduation announcement was comforting to me. Like we all did the right thing and it's working out perfectly. I hope she felt the same way. And that Tagg will, too, someday.

Now the big question…what do you get your baby mama for a graduation present?!

No comments:

Post a Comment