Tuesday, August 16, 2011

kids' meal

It was flashback lunch today. Someone brought bologna. And Wonder Bread. So I made my all-time favorite sandwich from my elementary/junior high school days. Bologna and mayonnaise on white bread. Mmm, mmm. I was surprised - and a little scared - by how good it still tasted. Even though I know it's lips and assholes and fat and horrible for you. Still yummy.

And then I polished it off with the rest of Tagg's chicken nuggets (please refer to the Jamie Oliver chicken-nuggets-are-disgusting-post to reinforce that, yes, I do know these are disgusting items of non-food) and Sloane's Sponge Bob Square Pants mac and cheese (I also loathe gratuitous commercialization of faux food for the sheer purpose of suckering children into eating shit, but as they say, when in Rome...). Not exactly a healthy, natural meal. But sometimes carrots and grilled chicken just can't compete. Even your diet deserves a vacation every so often, right? Back to the real food next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment