Wednesday, April 13, 2011

shoe fetish


As evidenced by he fact that I own a pair of zebra striped, real hair, peep toe pumps, I have a small problem with shoes. And boots. And running shoes. And flip flops. I love them. I don’t know why, can’t explain it, but I love them. So I buy them, and lots of them. Luckily, I’m not super picky about brands. Apparently I’m a quantity over quality gal. Why buy 500 dollar Manolos when I can by like 5 pairs of Jessica Simpson or Skechers for the same price, hmmm? I know the answer, shoe snobs, I’m just too…uh, thrifty to go for the good stuff!. Yeah, so here’s my shoe closet.  



And my boot closet (you may remember this from the blog about Hoarding Hoarders. I wonder if it would look better if the shoes were on racks or something.)

And my flip-flop cubby. And my cool shoes I don’t really wear but can’t give away closet.

If I wore a pair a day, I could probably go for about 4 months and never wear the same pair twice.
So, I realize now that I am passing on my shoe addiction to my children (if it’s the only one, whew! but poor Sloane has no hope. Unless she totally rebels and just wears Toms and Converse her whole life.)

The sliver Nike "go-fast" shoes and
Woody cowboy boots and Reef flops like daddy's
are part of the donation.
I packed up about 25 pairs of 0-12 month little boy shoes in a basket, put a bow on it and delivered it to Michelle as a “Welcome, baby Finn” gift. Sure they’re used but that’s probably like 300 bucks worth of shoes! I wish someone had done that for me. Last week, bundled up 20+ pairs of 12-24 month shoes - another 300 bucks - and gave them away. Good hell! I never knew that kid shoes were such an investment

Some days I look at all the shoes and go…well, kid, it’s your college or my retirement. We’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment