Thursday, February 16, 2012

oatmeal?

I ate oatmeal for the first time in like 30 years on Monday. Why, you ask? Me too! I have heard a lot of great things about Forks Over Knives, which promotes a more vegetarian lifestyle. Friends I know who have recently tried it are impressed by the weight loss, the health benefits and, most interestingly, that it's not really that hard to not eat a bunch of meat and processed food crap. So I figured, what the hell? I'll try it. I'm not planning to go overboard here but let's just say that in the 3 days I've been a purt-near vegetarian, I haven't had to take a single Imodium (which I take enough to call "Vitamin I") and I haven't felt nutritionally deprived. At all. As a matter of fact, I may make this oatmeal my new dessert  go-to. It's that good!

2 comments:

  1. I have been on an unprocessed diet since September and haven't taken a vitamin I since before Halloween. And lost 40 pounds. And am kind of surprised that it isn't super hard. Takes some rearranging and rethinking, but totally works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! It's oddly not as hard as you think right? If I can lose 4 pounds I think I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete