Thursday, July 7, 2011

craft day

It was a hot, rainy, humid day today so Tagg spent a lot of time making stuff. First off? Raiding mommy's jewelry-making stash (back in the day, before I had kids, I used to make these really cool rings with wire and beads. They were awesome.) He decided he wanted to make some necklaces for mommy (how cute is that?!) so he picked out the beads and actually threaded them all on the wire by himself. Pretty amazing. Just had to help him wire the ends together to close them.

He was so excited to show me his creations, and insisted on putting them on my wrist himself. One is Lightning McQueen (the red one, duh) and the other one is "bwack beads." They're both a little more bracelet size than necklace size and a little big at that. If I ever gain a buttload of weight they'll be perfect! But they are, by far, the best jewelry I've ever received in my whole life next to my wedding ring.

His other project? Painting. I have always loved Tagg's paintings. There are a lot that I've kept because I want to frame them. Someday when I have a bigger house where the walls aren't full of family photos and stuff. His pictures always seems to have some deeper meaning than a sub-three-year-old should be creating. When he finished this one, I was like what is it buddy? "It's the ocean, mommy. It's water." Of course it is. And it's gorgeous.

I figured since it was technically a present for us, we'd put one of our anniversary pictures in it and let him keep it in his room. Although I'm kind of bummed. I LOVE this frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment