Sunday, November 28, 2010

and so it begins...

Suck it, people! We got a surfboard
medal and you didn't!

Training, that is. We are planning to run the Surf City Half Marathon on Feb. 6 in Huntington Beach, CA. My friend Natalie and I did it last year because (1) you need a reason to hit the training hard during and after the holidays, (2) a little February vacay to southern California makes a nice break from the snowy, cold, dismal Utah February weather, and (3) the medal is really cool. If you run, you know that a cool medal really makes it all worthwhile. We think the medal will help us talk a few more of our runner girls into it so we can rent a house on the beach and maybe stay for a few days to take the kids to SeaWorld or Disney after.

Scott's always so supportive, even
though I stunk to high heaven.
Sadly, I was logging my training schedule into my Entourage calendar tonight thinking tomorrow was the official start date. Nope. LAST Monday was 10 weeks out, so I'm already behind and I haven't even started. Dammit. Apparently I'm supposed to log 21 miles this week. I didn't run 21 total miles before the Halloween Half in Provo. Of course, I couldn't walk down stairs for 3 days after that one which is why I'm committed to train for this one. That, and the fact that last time we did Surf City, I got one of my worst times ever which I like to blame on the fact that we carb loaded the night before with french fries and beer at some Irish pub in Huntington. See, I'm learning from my mistakes! Come on, PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment