Tuesday, October 18, 2011

i ate pig face

Go ahead, insert joke here! I spent the weekend in Chicago with a couple of girlfriends and we happened across a restaurant called The Girl & The Goat - chef/owner is Stephanie Izard, a Top Chef winner. I LOVE Top Chef. Love it, love it, love it. And the season Stephanie won was the infamous Richard Blaise Chokes season. So when we found out that we might be able to get into her restaurant, we were in the cab and on our way!


The place was cool. Packed. We snuck into a spot in the bar at the community table and dug in. Goat Empanadas. Roasted Beets. And...Pig Face. Yep. That's the actual name of the entree. Pig Face. How can you not order that?! Besides there were a lot of tongue and belly entrees, so Pig Face sounded relatively safe. And it was good! Kind of like fancy bacon with a fried egg on top. But way better than that.

If I look a little scared it's because I am!
It's a PIG FACE!
I loved the whole experience. And even though the bill was like a gazillion dollars, it was worth every penny. And I stole the menu. I'm going to start a collection so I can remember the amazing meals with amazing people. And so I can prove that I was once cool enough to eat something called Pig Face!

No comments:

Post a Comment