Tuesday, May 3, 2011

what does it say about you?

My sister was telling me about some funny posts they've been doing about the weird shit people have on their desks at work. So I started thinking about peoples' desks and what their "stuff" means. What does my "stuff" mean?

Mine's pretty straightforward, I think. In addition to my entire collection of race medals (13 to be exact), a piece of Tagg's original hand-painted artwork, my "pancake" inspirational picture (thanks, Natalie!), and my special pens (Uniball medium point in every color but black), I also have Rhodesian Ridgeback calendar, a plethora of family photos, some cool toys that I received as gifts from vendors including a couple of robots and a pink piggy bank, a piece of art that we made on nut-painting day a hundred years ago at Megahertz, and a bunch of thank-you cards that make me feel special. And 3 of those little gum tubs - bubblemint is by far the most popular, in case you're wondering.

I used to have an old-fashioned Rolodex because it kind of reminded me of my whole working history but I finally retired that sucker. So that's it. I wonder if someone walked by my desk, would they be able to get a sense of the real me from a quick glance? Do I care?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED working at your desk. You always had gum and your pens are THE BEST. I tried hard not to steal them, really...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved YOUR desk! The green boxes, that great quote about advertising and all of your "n's"...so awesome! I always thought it was Jim who was stealing my pens.

    ReplyDelete